Monday 10 November 2014

The Sofa

No Time for Sitting about

Had a busy weekend of work so nothing done over the weekend.

But a nice dry day today, so made a start on the frame for the sofa/bed. As you know I am having an L shaped sofa as you come in the side door, and the longer section will pull out to make a double bed.

Started with the easy part, the one that doesn't need to slide out and this was a pretty straight forward box.




Made this part out of leftover 45 x 45 mm dressed pine that was used for the wetroom frame, won't be using that for all of the other half of the sofa as it's too big and will be awkward to slide in/out.




I did use the same wood for the back edge of the 2nd half, as shown in the first photo below, but for the sides I used the 38 x 25 mm





To make the slide out section, all I have to go on are some Google images of other people's projects where they have done similar. To allow the sliding action, I need to offset the front edge, as below




So now the basic frames were complete, I had to have a quick test of what it would look like with the foam cushions on, and it fits in pretty good I think.




Needed to go get more wood, plus some for the slats so after a trip to B&Q, I will hopefully get on with the rest of the sofa/bed tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment