Wednesday 26 November 2014

The Gas

Cooking It Up

Wasn't looking forward to doing this really, but just had to get on with it.

I started off by making up a couple of pipes just to get used to cutting the pipe and fitting them together.




I then started from where the Gas Bottle is located, and the first appliance to get connected was the oven. 

This needed a T Piece and then a straight pipe up to the oven.






Pretty much next to that, I needed another T Piece and pipe to go up to the Smev unit which you can see in the above picture too.

Below shows the pipe for the oven with a connector between them.




The pipe for the Smev then went up and had a 90° bend in it to take it towards the hob inlet pipe.

I then put a angle piece in which connected it straight on.





After that, I continued on from the main pipe and put it along to the fridge inlet, again putting a bend in to take it to the correct place.




With all that done, I then went back to where the gas bottle was, and put a connecting piece on, and secured that on to the hose with a jubilee clip, and then secured to the wall with a P clip.




I made sure I left enough spare hose to allow easy changing of the gas bottle when required.




So with all 3 appliances now connected up, I just had to give them all a quick test.

First up, the oven. I had to light this with an electronic spark wand, not sure if it should have built in ignition, will research that but at least it worked.




I then tested the fridge, on this model you need to turn the gas up high and hold it in, then push in the electronic ignition a few times till it ignites.

You can check its on through a small circle window down the bottom of the fridge.




Finally, the one I was looking forward to seeing on the most.. it will also be the most used one too.




So all of them work, I still have to test the connections for leaks, but will do that once I've finished putting the waste pipes for the sink in as might need to disconnect the oven to do so.
I will also secure the pipes using P clips to the woodwork where possible.



Link to Photo Album

No comments:

Post a Comment