Saturday 22 November 2014

The Pump

Water Power

This was going to be a bit more complicated!

Mainly due to me being advised to use a relay to operate the pump/taps, I had no idea even what a relay was till I did some research.

Thankfully, some kind soul explained it all to me.
And I did it, wrongly the first time and it was my own stupid fault for not paying attention.

Basically I put in extra - wires in where I shouldn't have, so the switch wasn't working as it should, and when I turned a tap on it blew a fuse.

Anyway I was mounting the relay close to the taps, this was using a thicker 4mm2 cable as it had a longer distance to go and a higher amp required.




I ran the cables round the same route from the fusebox as the Toilet Wiring, and round to the back of the wetroom.




The wiring for the pump and two taps was pretty complicated for me, even though I had it explained and a diagram done, which looks like this




Anyway, I need to fix the mistakes I made, which I will do tomorrow and then update this blog.. all going well anyway haha




Update 23/11/14

So after going back over the wiring and fixing yesterdays mistakes, I got it to work correctly.

This is what I had done yesterday, basically I had added in a - wire from both taps and the relay/pump that wasn't required. Totally wrong lol




And after re-wiring it, and testing it out, it worked fine. Both taps turn on the pump when opened, and when switched off at the control panel, they don't.





Am just waiting on a connector now to connect the water pump hose to the water pipes, and a brass fulham nozzle to connect the gas bottle hose to the boiler then I can test it all out.



Link to Photo Album


No comments:

Post a Comment