Tuesday 4 November 2014

The Hole

Shower Vent

Although am still waiting on the light/fan for the shower, the vent/ducting arrived today so I decided to cut another hole in the van. 

This time it was through the fibreglass, which I was worried about but turns out it was easier than the metal for the Fridge Vents.

Firstly I had to cut through the carpet and the ply underneath it, I made this a bit bigger than I needed but as it's in the back storage area, am not too worried about it and will probably get an internal grill to hide it eventually.




Then I drew round the circular ducting piece on the back of the vent, and drilled a pilot hole to find out where I needed to cut through the fibreglass.




Now that was done, I drew round the ducting piece again and then drilled a few more holes to get the jigsaw in to cut the circle.




I started cutting, but forgot to put on some masking tape to protect the fibreglass to start with, so put some on... cut the hole but its a bugger to come off so will clean that up at a later date.




So with the hole made, all I needed to do was fit the vent, 4 screws and it was on.




Not too bad, will be better once cleaned up with some turps/white spirit.

Put some sealant round the inside just to make sure it's held firmly in place.




So that's done, all ready to attach the ducting once I get the fan/light installed, hopefully tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment