Wednesday 8 October 2014

The Underlay

Levelling Up 

Well I had better make a start to inside, and despite my best intention of removing the Unwin Tracking from the floor, I really didn't want to have to do so as it was all hex bolted in every couple of inches and would have meant a 2 man job as needed to get under the van and loosen the nuts for every one.. I counted over 100!

So the other option was just to cover over it, but as it was raised about 4mm off the ground, I needed to pad out the flooring before laying ply down.

I was wandering around B&Q the other day and came across this stuff, £18 for the pack and would do the floor nicely.


It's foam backed and foil on top so will give some insulation and a bit of bounce, all I needed to do was clean the floor and then use adhesive spray carpet glue to hold it in place for a while till I got the first fix of ply down.

It went on really well, looked good and am happy with the end result, couple of photos below

                   




No comments:

Post a Comment