Friday 24 October 2014

The Gas Test

Talk to Frank

So before I went ahead and designed the kitchen unit where the fridge and oven need to fit into, I needed to make sure the appliances actually worked before making them fit.

The oven is Gas only, the fridge is a 3 way fridge and I know it works on 12V and on 240V so yeah you guessed it, I just needed to test the Gas.

Now I don't have a Gas bottle, regulator, hose or any tools/skills to do this, so luckily a guy called Danny who I know from dealing with in spare 2nd hand parts for caravans/campervans, knew someone who could test it for me.

So we arranged to meet with Frank today, and after a bit of running about to get a hose, then getting the gas bottle swapped for a full one, Frank set out to test the oven first of all.

Didn't take long, and the oven fired up lovely, it's a nice and clean and despite not having a grill, it will do as I have the 2 rings on the Smev.




So the fridge was next, and again it fired up straight away on the gas, so looks like they are both working fine so will be able to get on with the unit.

Frank knows his stuff when it comes to conversions, he's done a fair few over the time so going to get him to fit the gas connections in the van for the Oven, Fridge, Hob and Water Heater.

So a trip to Plumb Centre later, and after I was advised what to buy, came home with the copper pipes, connectors etc to get this done soon as units are up.




Big thanks to Danny and Frank today, much appreciated guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment