Wednesday 8 October 2014

The Foam

Foam into a home

So a while back I salvaged a set of caravan seats/cushions and the plan was to fashion them into a sofa/bed and get them recovered. As you can see in the photo below, I certainly had enough!



The weather was rubbish the other day, so I took advantage and brought them in and stripped off the old fabric in preparation to see how I could make this work.

It was like doing a big game of Tetris, however pretty simple actually and I only need to cut two bits of the foam and this will be the basis of my L shaped sofa that will turn into a 6ft x 4ft 2" double bed.


The 2 black lines at each end of the back cushion is where they need cut!


They then just get placed down to fill in the gap to make the bed up.


Then I will just get some material and hopefully a neighbour will re-upholster them as she mentioned it previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment