Wednesday 8 October 2014

The Ply Floor

First Fix Down

As it was a nice dry day, straight after putting down the underlay, I got on and started to put the ply down.

As the floor of the minibus already had 20mm hardboard down to site the Unwin Tracks, I didn't need to worry about having strong hardboard down for fixtures and fittings.

So I opted for 3.60mm plywood from a local builders merchants which was only £7 for a 2400 x 1220 sheet.

This was just to be secured using panel pins as I will eventually will put a finished floor on the visible areas anyway such as laminate or floor tiles.



The rest of the afternoon was spent measuring, marking and cutting with a jig-saw and was actually pretty easy considering am a bit of a DIY novice. No doubt the hard work will come shortly!

So a few hours later and the floor was down, must admit I am quite pleased on how it turned out.. have a click on the link to the photos and see what you think!





No comments:

Post a Comment