Thursday 16 October 2014

The Tray

Sinking the Shower

As the shower tray needs to be sunk into the floor, I need to build a raised floor for it to sit in.

So before the joiner comes next week to build the frame, I thought I would make a start and prepare the floor which the toilet and shower tray would sit on. 

This involved a lot of measuring, checking and re-measuring so hopefully I have done it right!




So I drilled in to the corners, so I could get the jig-saw in and off I went round the line.. hoping that it wasn't too big!




Thankfully, it wasn't, actually was a bit short so I shaved a bit more off and managed to get it sitting flush and in hopefully the right position.


 

I also had to trim the shower try a bit as the width of the toilet is 670 and the shower tray was 685. This bit was a bit worrying, I knew I could cut it with the jig-saw but it needed to be done carefully.




Again I seem to have done it right, and now it lines up with the toilet, well that's another job done.






No comments:

Post a Comment