Friday 17 October 2014

The Mistake

E'vent'ually had to happen

Today I went to B&Q to get some rust preservation primer, sealant, grinder discs and metal hacksaw blades and was going to start cutting holes in the side of the van to fit them...

Thankfully I do like to double check measurements etc, and just as well as it turns out the vents I have got protrude too far out and the sliding door would catch them slightly when opened. Only a few mm in it but never the less.

Luckily I can return them and I have ordered other ones that sit a lot more flush with the metal.

On the plus side, my LPG Water Heater has arrived, so just to wait to find out it's final position once the wetroom is built so I can then order a flue for it to go either out the side of the van, or out the roof.. I do prefer the former as don't fancy cutting holes in the fibre glass!



This will have the capacity to heat 8 litres of water a minute, more than enough for a hot shower. And talking of showers, I've been looking on eBay for a decent shower mixer tap that has microswitches.

Looks like I might need to spend a fair bit on it, but the wetroom is a vital part of the van for me so I don't mind too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment