Thursday 23 October 2014

The Ratcliff

No not Daniel

There is a big huge heavy wheelchair lift/access ramp under my backend (ooeer!) and it needs to go!




Where it is located is where I would quite like to put a fresh water tank, it takes up a fair bit of room and there is brackets already in place that I could possibly use for the tank.

Couple of issues with it, the LOLER certificate ran out in July, plus one of the hydraulic hoses is split so it doesn't fully operate.




I took it to a company I found online a couple of weeks ago, Alfa Tail Lifts who are not far from me to get them to look at it and see if it was worth being repaired.

It was actually the same company who did the most recent LOLER test on it, so they had records of it etc but sadly it would cost about £150 to put through the service so it could be operated for commercial use.

They contacted their head office to see if they would be interested in buying it to sell on as a reconditioned unit, as the difficulty with me trying to sell it is to find a buyer to be honest.

As yet I've not heard back from them, they were trying to find a buyer for it... I will give it another week or so then look at attempting to removing it myself.






Link to Photo Album


No comments:

Post a Comment