Friday 2 October 2015

The Year

The Year of the Van

So on the 2nd October 2014, I started this blog to keep everyone updated of the progress of the van conversion.

I had actually started the actual physical work a week or so earlier, but didnt start the blog till a bit later, but I wanted to give an update today on the first year since I began the blog.

Since the last update in June, when I was blogging about the 2 weeks away I had in June at Bearded Theory Festival, I have been away a lot in the van over the summer months.

After Bearded, I had 10 days at home and then drove down to Download Festival for a week. Straight from there it was up to T in the Park for 6 weeks whilst I stayed onsite the majority of that in the van, I did go home a few times for a night to do washing etc.

After T finished, I had a day at home then went up to Inverness for Belladrum Festival and was up there for 2 weeks.

After that, I left the van up there at the airport, flew down to go to Boomtown Festival to party for a long weekend, then caught a flight back to Inverness and headed to Groove Festival for 5 days.

So that was about 11 weeks away with only around 9 or 10 days at home, the van done me proud!

I did have an issue where sometimes the van wouldn't start, normally bump starting it from the leisure batteries normally did the trick. I posted a thread on eFestivals HERE about it, have a read as it was a very strange issue.

Since then, I've had it up at Blair Castle for a week working, and then took it down to Alchemy Festival in Lincolnshire for 5 days and had no issues with it starting again.

All in all, quite a sucessful first year in the van, here is to many more

Cheers

x





No comments:

Post a Comment